2007

Monday, December 31, 2007

it would only seem appropriate to have this blog in my blog =)
the last day of 2007, 31st December. Monday.

munching on crackers and cheese...reading an article that my daddy sent me, I was inspired to put this up.

2007 has really been a heck of a year :) So much have gone by that I never ever thought could ever happened, happened. The ups and downs, the tears, the heartaches, the warmth, the love, the laughters, the joy...
Much tears have been shed, the accumulation of it would far outweigh my 21 years of life (I am 22 this year =)
Much learning have been done, things that would take 10years to learn, I have learned it in a mere 6months of life
Much experiences gained
Much have gone pass

To say that time have mature and changed me would be true and false in a way. For it is what you do with time that makes the difference, that was what one man told me.

I have been blessed with a family here itself! Yes within a short span of 6 months, I have been blessed with one.
I have been blessed with a buddy here itself! Yes within a short span of 6 months, I have been blessed with one.
I have been blessed with so many things, too much to list it all down. The blessings of life have indeed have been abundant in this rough 6 months of life.

I do not boast of anything, for there is nothing of me to boast about...(well maybe there are some..haha)..but yes nothing of me that is worth boasting about BUT this. God is good all the time. And all the time God is good.
After all that has been, I can stand tall and say that God is good all the time. Even through the times when He doesn't seem to be there at all and He feels like a million miles away.
Even when all I have is my tears to accompany me.
Even when I stand alone in the darkest hours of my short life.
Even when all I have known to be true, has just slipped past my fingers.
Yes, even through all those, I can still say that God is good all the time. And all the time God is good. =)

I don't claim to know all about pain and suffering (one of the books I am currently reading, Where is God when it Hurts by Philip Yancey is a brilliant book! If you are in that situation, highly recommended and even if you are not still highly recommended as it gives you a good insight) simply because I don't. And I know that it never does you any good to compare pain and suffering, as to each is given a measure of grace.
All I know is that through it all, through it all, through it all, God is good all the time.

For I have been through the point that, God has to be true, the Bible has to be true because I have nothing else to hold on to. It's all that I have left with. If this is not true than my world would just crumble down to pieces. And through it all, I can say that God is good all the time =) And I thank God that it is all true! At least that is what I have experienced for the most part of it :) Well for the least part of it? It just hasn't come to past yet..but I'm still holding on and say that God is good all the time~

images passes through my mind, as I stop to ponder for a wee while. People and faces. Sceneries and situations. Circumstances and events.
And a smile just creeps right across my face =)

2007 have started off and coming to an end...
a great ending indeed!

life is great with God in it! =D

oh by the way, it's dark and raining outside ^^ what a beautiful weather! hehe coz i'm all nice and cozy in my lovely room~

below would be the last article for 2007



*I walked into the grocery store not particularly interested in
buying groceries. I wasn't hungry. The pain of losing my husband of
57 years was still too raw. And this grocery store held so many
sweet memories. *


*He often came with me and almost every time he'd pretend to go off
and look for something special. I knew what he was up to. I'd always
spot him walking down the aisle with the three yellow roses in his
hands. *


*He knew I loved yellow roses. With a heart filled with grief, I
only wanted to buy my few items and leave, but even grocery shopping
was different since he had passed on. *


*Shopping for one took time, a little more thought than it had for two.*


*Standing by the meat, I searched for the perfect small steak and
remembered how he had loved his steak.*


*Suddenly a woman came beside me. She was blonde, slim and lovely in
a soft green pantsuit. I watched as she picked up a large package of
T-bones, dropped them in her basket.. hesitated, and then put them
back. She turned to go and once again reached for the pack of steaks. *


*She saw me watching her and she smiled. "My husband loves T-bones,
but honestly, at these prices, I don't know." *


*I swallowed the emotion down my throat and met her pale blue eyes.*


*"My husband passed away eight days ago," I told her. Glancing at
the package in her hands, I fought to control the tremble in my
voice. "Buy him the steaks. And cherish every moment you have
together." *


*She shook her head and I saw the emotion in her eyes as she placed
the package in her basket and wheeled away. *


*I turned and pushed my cart across the length of the store to the
dairy pr oducts. There I stood, trying to decide which size milk I
should buy. A Quart, I finally decided and moved on to the ice
cream. If nothing else, I could *
*always fix myself an ice cream cone.*


*I placed the ice cream in my cart and looked down the aisle toward
the front. I saw first the green suit, then recognized the pretty
lady coming towards me. In her arms she carried a package. On her
face was the brightest smile I had ever seen. I would swear a soft
halo encircled her blonde hair as she kept walking toward me, her
eyes holding mine. *


*As she came closer, I saw what she held and tears began misting in
my eyes. "These are for you," she said and placed three beautiful
long stemmed yellow roses in my arms. "When you go through the line,
they will know these are paid for." She leaned over and placed a
gentle kiss on my cheek, then smiled again. I wanted to tell her
what she'd done, what the roses meant, but still unable to speak, I
watched as she walked away as tears cl ouded my vision. *


*I looked down at the beautiful roses nestled in the green tissue
wrapping and found it almost unreal. How did she know? *
*Suddenly the answer seemed so clear. I wasn't alone.

Oh, you haven't forgotten me, have you? I whispered, with tears in
my eyes. He was still with me, and she was his angel.

Every day be thankful for what you have and who you are.
(Please read all of this, it is really nice)

This is a simple request. If you appreciate life, send this to your
friends, including the person that sent it to you.

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings. *
*Thank you, Lord, that I can hear.*
*There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long
as possible. *
*Thank you, Lord, That I can see.*
*Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising.*
*Thank you, Lord, that I have strength to rise. There are many who
are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost,
toast is burned, tempers are short, and my children are so loud.

Thank you, Lord, for my family.*
*There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the picture in
magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced.

Thank you, Lord, for the food we have.*
*There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job often is monotonous.*
*Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who
have no job.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my
circumstances were not so modest.

Thank you, Lord, for life.

Pass this on to the friends you know. It might help a bit to make
this world a better place to live, right? A friend is someone we
turn to when our spirits need a lift. A friend is someone to treasure.

For friendship is a gift. A friend is someone who fills our lives
with Beauty, Joy and Grace and makes the world we ! live in a better
and happier place.

0 comments: