giving it up

Friday, October 19, 2007

Tired and weary...
Lugging around all the baggages in life
Each time I stop, I pick up a few more
Weighing me down
But somehow I refuse to give it up

Lonely and depressed...
Lugging around all the baggages in life
Each time I stop, I hold on to it tighter
Weighing me down
But somehow I refuse to give it up

One day I came to realization
I just have to
I just have to choose
I just have to choose to let go
I just have to choose to stop picking it up

All these baggages,
depression, worry, anger, guilt, frustration, envy
I need to give it to the Saviour,
For it is not mine to carry
These burdens they are not mine to carry

In your everlasting arms
Only in you could I give my burdens

For in return I'll carry the baggages of
peace, hope, love, joy
Baggages which are light
Baggages which would not weigh me down

28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will [o]ease and relieve and [p]refresh [q]your souls.]

29Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest ([r]relief and ease and refreshment and [s]recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.(E)

30For My yoke is wholesome (useful, [t]good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne. -Matt 11:28-

I would highly recommend Traveling Light by Max Lucado

Thanks V my buddy for this book =)
It has really been a great encouragement to me...thank you so much!! Really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart :) Love you always!

0 comments: